As a busy mom of two, I’m always trying to improve on my organizational skills! Sometimes I straight-up just don’t want to clean my house! My husband and I work together to keep our home organized and clean, so it isn’t just on me, but I am kind of the one in charge of how it all works.
Over the last few years, I’ve figured out a system that helps me stay on top of things. I don’t always follow it… But I try! I’ve found that if I divide things up by daily chores, weekly chores, and monthly chores, then the cleaning is easier to manage. Here’s how I divide it up in my house:
Household Cleaning List
- Make beds
- Do dishes
- Clean kitchen counters and table
- Sweep kitchen and dining room
- Pick up living room(s)
- Wipe down bathroom(s) (disinfecting wipes, clean toilets)
- Fold and put away laundry
- Pick up bedrooms
Every Two Weeks
- Deep clean bathroom(s) (clean/disinfect toilets, counters, tubs, faucets, floors)
- Declutter household papers
- Declutter bedrooms
- Declutter toys (throw away ones that are broken; give to friends or charities ones your kids don’t play with anymore; put in keepsake boxes toys you want to keep as memories)
I have two printables for you! If you want this list as a reference to keep on your fridge, you can get it here!
And if you want a checklist version of the list, where you can check chores off as you go, get it here!
Happy cleaning! 😉