After traveling to multiple homes with a baby or toddler, I feel the need to share the things I love to see in a guest bedroom.
- A Trash Can- It seems like I always have things to throw away (tissues, wrappers, etc), and it’s nice to have a trash can in the room that we are staying in.
- A Tissue Box- whether there’s tears from a long road trip or just the standard runny nose, it’s nice to have a tissue box on hand in your room.
- An Empty Chest of Drawers- On our last family trip, it was so nice to tuck our bags away and unpack all of our clothes so we felt more at home.
- Blackout Curtains- Even if your child isn’t used to sleeping with blackout curtains like mine, it never hurts to have a darker room at bedtime. Even temporary blackout curtains can make a huge difference.
- Easily Accessible Linens- You never know what kids may do to a bed. It’s always nice to know where linens can be found if there is an incident in the middle of the night.
- A Pack-n-Play- Not having to bring one of these along is so nice! It’s also better than co-sleeping (unless you are used to that).
What things do you love to see in a guest bedroom?