I know we don’t have a food blog here, but I thought I’d share one of all-time favorite treat recipes: MUDDY BUDDIES! (Or Puppy Chow, whatever you want to call it!)
This treat is classic and is derived from the original Rice Chex Muddy Buddy recipe. My husband and I literally make this almost once a month, at least!
Get the printable recipe here!
–9 cups Rice Chex cereal
-1 cup milk chocolate chips
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/4 cup butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2-ish cups powdered sugar
1. Put cereal into into a large bowl.
2. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter together in a small, microwave-safe bowl. The best way to do this is to microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
3. Add vanilla to melted mixture.
4. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal in the bowl. Using a spatula, stir to completely coat the cereal with the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour the coated cereal into a gallon sized Ziplock bag (keep your bowl out), then add the powdered sugar to it. Seal the bag, then shake until the cereal is completely coated with powdered sugar. (The powdered sugar amount you will need can vary, so start with 2 cups and add more if your cereal isn’t coated enough.)
6. Pour the cereal back into your bowl, and enjoy!